May 4, 2010

Remixed Beach

Speaking of taking the cheerful and bright 'Beach' by Mew and turning it into something sinister and dark, that is exactly what Danish electronic artist Trentemøller has done in his great remix of the song. I've been addicted to this song for about a week now:

mp3: Mew - Beach (Trentemøller Remix)

I haven't been this hooked to a remix of a song with the word 'beach' in its name since my favorite DJs, Brazilian The Twelves, remixed 'Beaches and Friends' (possibly their catchiest and most danceable remix to date):

mp3: Database vs. French Horn Rebellion - Beaches and Friends (The Twelves Remix)

Enjoy, and I hope you'll have the chance to take a trip down to the beach this week and soak up some nice May sun. Where I live, it suddenly snowed today - for the first time in weeks - so my chances are looking pretty bad.

No comments: