October 20, 2008

Her Space Holiday's Ambidextrous





This is one of my favorite albums from Marc Bianchi, aka Her Space Holiday, and one of my favorite albums of all time.

Marc started out in the hardcore scene, playing guitar for bands like Indian Summer and Mohinder (not Suresh). Marc initially wanted to focus on running a record label, but soon found his calling in playing the DJ and the artist himself. Thus in 1996, Her Space Holiday was born, and in 2001 we have this lovely remix album released.

Marc remixes songs from artists such as Duster, Aspera Ad Astra, Micromars, Bright Eyes, and one of his own songs. The diverse collection of sounds combined with a personal artistry to combine different elements with a driving force developed in his hardcore days is what makes this album memorable and unique. This is Marc Bianchi at his brightest and most diverse. He is poignant, funny, playful, and yet still deeply dissatisfied with everything.

My favorite track is "Why Didn't My Parents? (Analog Alien Mix)". I'll be posting a lot more Her Space Holiday in the future, and this is a band I've never had anyone dislike. Download this album.

No comments: