October 22, 2008

Smashing Pumpkins with Guitar Hero


G.L.O.W.

This is a poor-quality radio rip of the new Pumpkins' single, G.L.O.W. (I'll replace it with the real thing as soon as I get it). G.L.O.W. is a stand-alone single that is not related to the group's upcoming multi-year, mutli-release concept album. Also...the song, for right now, is being released exclusively as a downloadable track for Guitar Hero: World Tour. Wow. Thanks, Billy Corgan.

I think this song rocks. It has all of the bad-ass in-your-face old school Pumpkins' song qualities. Of course, I probably have a positive bias towards this song because the Smashing Pumpkins used to be my favorite band. Used to be is the key phrase here; ever since the half member "reunion" and the mediocre attempt that is Zeitgeist, my opinion of Billy Corgan and his infamous band of misfits has drastically dropped. I do still have high hopes for upcoming material, especially after the way G.L.O.W. turned out. Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments: