October 21, 2008

Vampire Weekend


Ottoman

Vampire Weekend is a rock four piece from New York. Their music has some pretty noticeable Baroque, Classical, and African influences which I really think sets them apart and above a lot of the "indie" bands out there today.

Unfortunately, I first heard this song during a free showing of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. In fact, I shouldn't even admit that I saw that movie...anyway, Ottoman is my latest find by Vampire Weekend. It really emphasizes the quartet's knack for non-traditional arrangements and unique instrumentation; I love the playful use of strings. It's an incredibly catchy and easily likable song overall. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you like likeable music now?! things have changed so much...

non serviam said...

Video for "A-Punk":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XC2mqcMMGQ